IDEAS come from PEOPLE
One of the most interesting things you can think about is that GREAT IDEAS won´t come just by themselves and believe it or not… they don´t come just from yourself, they come from:
- Life Experiences.
- People with whom you talk or share: friends, family, coworkers & random people.
- Books you read, magazines, articles, global news.
- Your creative mind. If you keep motivating that side of the brain, it will continue to provide you great innovative ideas.
If you experienced something you liked at a certain point in your life, you will remember it forever and will bring it back to your thoughts when you need to make use of it.
If you travel you will discover different things, and ideas will pop up!
If you talk to people, you get to understand different points of view, you will listen to other people´s needs.
If you read, you are constantly learning from other´s expertise, from other´s knowledge, and that will also bring to your brain different challenges, solutions and strategies.
If you dig in your brain…you will find interesting thoughts and ideas!
I am certain that in order to create a valuable impact, you need to build great ideas with others. Best ideas come from teams.
Whenever I want to build an idea about something where I need to have a great result I follow the next steps:
- Define your objective.
- Put any type of word that makes you think about that idea. (Example: Mexican Independence Day (September 16) the words that come to my mind are: Flag, colors, red, green, white, celebration, proud, Mexico, people, piñatas, tacos, Independence Day).
- Do some research (outdoors & Internet).
- Start building your idea with the words, research and your thoughts. Think about what can work for your audience? What will be totally different? What can transcend? What will they remember forever? What would you like if you were the customer? What would be the best experience you can create? What do you want as a result? What are you truly working on? What is the higher value in your proposal?
- Ask others opinion.
- Create a first draft.
- Involve people in the process, ask them, because at the end those people will be using/experiencing it and they will decide whether to choose you again or not. Start building your relationships with them.
- Create a second draft.
- Build your proposal.
- Analyze it with others for final details.
- Implement it.
- Measure the results.
- Ask people if they like it, or what can be done better.
- Keep on observing and working on continuous improvement.
Never keep the eyes off the idea you implemented…always be there giving a right follow on, that will guarantee total success, because at the end, you had LISTENED to PEOPLE, they CONTRIBUTED to your idea, you CREATED value that will REMAIN forever.