I disagree with whomever thinks money is all…In my humble opinion there are other important things to take in consideration.
A company is the place where you spend most of your time, is where you share and experience most things, is where you build relationships, and where you see people more than your family, friends, or couple.
THE COMPANY WHERE YOU WORK, SHOULD BE:
- The place where you enjoy the most what you are doing.
- The place where you build strong relationships.
- The place where you develop, learn and grow.
- The place where you feel like home.
- The place that provides you the best experience.
- The place where you transcend.
- The place that you admire.
- The place where you admire the leaders.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Companies that truly care about employees.
- Companies that practice their values.
- Companies where leaders really are leaders.
- Companies who are focused.
- Companies who listen to their people to take better decisions.
- Companies that are at an attractive industry.
- Companies that are effective and efficient.
- Companies that manage transparent and clear communication.
- Companies that are resilient.
- Companies that succeed in team.
- Companies that are innovative.
- Companies that provide what we need.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- A motivating environment.
- A place where we don´t get bored.
- A place where we share vision, mission and values.
- A place where we feel part of the culture.
- A place where we envision ourselves.
- A place that brings the best of ourselves.
- A place that help us grow in our different environments: Personal, Professional, Social, Familiar, and Spiritual.
- A place where we truly feel part of it.
- A place where we understand what we are part of.
- A place where our work is relevant.
- A place where we feel valued.
- A place where our job has a positive impact.
- A place that cares about us as individual employees.
WHAT SHOULD COMPANIES DO:
Companies and leaders should listen in order to take better decisions and become better.
If companies want to have a better performance, they need to start driving their companies in a different way.
Results are related with the performance of employees.
PEOPLE WILL GIVE THE BEST OF THEMSELVES:
If they understand what they are creating, what are they part of.
If they feel secure and protected by the company.
If you motivate them.
If they feel listened.
If they feel connected with the organization.
If they enjoy what they do.
DON´T FORGET ABOUT THIS:
Companies forget about these things, and that is the reason why:
- High level of rotation occur.
- Low performance of employees happened.
- Results are not as expected.
THINK, PLAN, LISTEN AND SUCCEED:
So I invite all companies and leaders to think about better ways to lead organizations and engage their employees.
Don´t think about short term, think about long term.
What kind of strategies are you and your teams working on?
Plan ahead of time, take better decisions, listen, listen, listen and I guarantee that your people will feel better and more engaged, that your company will have better results, and that you will be leading a better organization.