I have followed my passion for several years, and it cost me almost a year to decide if I needed to leave part of what passionate me the most, in order to maximize my passion 100 times more.
WOULD YOU QUIT YOUR JOB IN ORDER TO
MAXIMIZE YOUR PASSION?
It may be pretty simple right? If you are passionate about something, of course you want to do 100 times better, but what happened in my case?
I was afraid of quitting.
IT IS HARD TO QUIT
- How can you quit to something that makes you happy?
- How you can quit to something that you are passionate?
- How can you quit to something that is making you grow personally and professionally?
Well… that was my dilemma.
On the other hand, for almost a year I was building my own business: during my free times, during my nights, during my weekends, on what? Well, I didn´t realize that I was building something more profitable, valuable, with a larger impact on a greater volume of companies and people, I was building something that made me feel 100 times more passionate.
I NEEDED MORE TIME
I needed more time and that is when I decided to quit. I spoke to the CEO, to the directors and they were all very supportive, and I am very grateful about all the knowledge I acquired, and because today I am better person and more knowledgeable thanks to that job and that people.
UNCERTAINTY WAS KILLING ME
On my head I was afraid of:
- Uncertainty: I didn´t have anything stable outside.
- Money: My salary was not going to be the same.
- Sacrificing: I needed to sacrifice part of my comfortable way of living.
- Regretting that I had quit something that I loved.
I stopped thinking on the negative and started thinking about all the positive things that this decision was going to bring:
BYEBYE BEING AFRAID…HELLO GREATNESS!
- It made me understand that I am very good at what I do.
- People find value of what I do.
- People want to learn from me.
- I am surrounded by amazing people.
- Having a large network is something I am so fortunate to have.
- Having great and solid relationships is what provides the most value out of all.
THINGS COME AT THE PERFECT TIMING
Ever since the moment I decided to quit:
- I have received amazing mentorship from amazing people.
- I have focused everything on my life objective.
- I have acquired 4 new clients.
- I´ve been working 12-16 hours per day but it is worth it!
- I feel support from the people that surrounds me.
- I am encouraged.
- I have received positive feedback from the things I am working in.
- I have met amazing people with amazing projects that have helped me growth.
- I have become part of amazing projects.
- I am starting to work with amazing people.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
I believed in myself
- Don´t be afraid of taking decisions that can change your life drastically.
- If there is a need and you provide a solution…there is a business opportunity.
- Things will come by themselves if you work hard. Only if you work hard.
- Listen to people.
- Listen to your customers.
- Surround yourself with amazing, talented and knowledgeable people.
- Have a larger vision.
- Be humble.
- Don´t worry about money.
- Trust yourself.
- You cannot do it alone…The best things happen when you are working with teams.
Thanks Kenny Kondo, Mitchell Rowton, Rogelio de los Santos, Byounghoon Jung, Mariana Sosa, Mariale del Valle, Ana Laura Baca, Rajah Manohar, Tadeo Espinosa, Aline Kawati, Sonia Melamed, Carlos Robledo, Arturo Núñez, David Nocedal, Jorge Rodríguez, Marco Silva, Melissa de la Garza, Luciano Preza, Jacqueline Monsivais, my family (mom, dad, sister, brother) and all the people who have encouraged me and mentored me through the couple of months, because I have taken the best decision I could have!
You all have been a very important part of my life, you all have been there for me in the perfect timing, and you all have added an important value to my personal and professional career.
Today I can say that
I am happier, I am providing more value, I am having a larger impact
and I am helping more people.