Valuable or adequate? Are you hiring adequate or valuable employees?
- Read more.
- Find mentors.
- Establish internal peer groups.
- Create an information sharing process.
- Build a management training program.
- Deconstruct and share leadership process.
- Replace the term manager with coach.
- Create internal peer learning programs.
- Apportion resources to leadership development.
- Address leadership in performance reviews.
- HABITS OF DESIRE
- Developing leadership: in yourself and others.
- Integrating core values: help everyone walk the talk.
- Fostering Communication: make the message stick.
- Managing conflict: Through challenge comes brilliance.
- HABITS OF PERFORMANCE
- Surfing issues-The obvious and the obscure.
- Stimulating Productivity: Get it done no matter what.
- Improving process: Efficiency, efficacy and elegance.
- Enabling growth: Drive the preferred future.
- HABITS OF INFLUENCE
- Boosting morale: in good times and bad.
- Inspiring creativity: get all outside the box.
- Generating opportunity: Make it rain in the meaningful ways.
- Growing community: Earn credibility and respect.
Valuable employees demonstrate:
- They understand big picture thinking.
- Total accountability: They do what they say they are going to do.
- Undaunted courage.
- Reviews are needed: Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4
- Have your core values established and use them.
- Valuable employees see how to grow the company.
- They don´t teach people how to communicate, present and write well.
- Bring the issues to the table.
- Step out of the comfort zone.
- Motivation, structure (tools), consequence (nothing will happen if you don´t do it).
- You need to know where you are going.
- Think about your goals.
- You cannot delegate if you are not aligned of how they will make decisions.
- Attitude makes the difference.