It is very funny that in Mexico we are ashamed of using Tinder app.
What would people say? What would they think if they see my profile there?
It happened to me a few days ago, an ex boyfriend sent me a screenshot of my profile on tinder. Immediately I was so ashamed that I deleted it.
I thought for a while, and then I realize I shouldn´t care what people say or think, there is nothing wrong with wanting to get to know other people if you´re single.
Then I went for a few days at Boston, and I re-installed the app, and that is when I realized there is another interesting way to see tinder, and I was amazed.
For you guys who want to understand a different perspective, I hope you like how I analyze it:
- When I was creating my profile and putting the description I realized that IT HELPED ME SEE HOW I CONSIDER MYSELF. What do I do in life? What are my interests? Well… it was not the easiest thing to determine, it made me think a lot on what I wanted to share, what is my business about, what do I like doing, what was my purpose there.
- I was staying at MIT university, and I REALIZED HOW INTERESTING THE NEW NETWORK WAS. I saw a lot of people who were entrepreneurs, who ran great businesses, who had great job positions at amazing companies and who have created great things.
- IT WAS THE 15 SEC. ELEVATOR PITCH Whether to ignore or not the profile, there is only one shot as to show yourself how you really are, and what you really want people to know from you. It would only take less than 15 seconds for a person to click NEXT. It is a good practice to do as to think how are you selling your ideas? your business?
- SHARING EXPERIENCES IS WHAT PEOPLE LOVE DOING. From 60 profiles that I look, 57 profiles talk about life experiences, about enjoying life through activities, sports, art. Again…people like sharing.
- I realized I´m not the only single person in the world, there is a lot of people WITH THE AIM OF MEETING NEW PEOPLE that they could have never imagine they could met, and whom they wouldn´t have met in any other circumstances because they would have never cross with them in their lives.