- Do you stress a lot?
- Are you afraid of taking risks?
- When you share your plans or ideas, do you hear: “no”, “that´s a crazy idea”, “it´s not possible”.
- Have you made mistakes?
- Is it hard for you to let go the friendships or relationships that don´t add any value on your life?
Then we have something in common…Here I share how I overcome each one of those, hope it helps!
HOW TO REDUCE STRESS
RUN OR TAKE A NICE WALK EVERY DAY
I love running, but I quit for a while.. saying I had no time, etc.. EXCUSES! In my house we have a Weimaraner dog named Luna, so thanks to a friend named Fernanda, she told me one day “let´s go out to the park”, as an excuse I brought Luna. Ever since that day I´ve been running with Luna and pushing myself to relax more and enjoy the weather, the fresh air, and things that surround me.
LISTEN TO YOUR BREATH
One of the best practices I learned from a Mindfulness Course I took this year was to relax, take some minutes in the morning and breath, but while you are breathing, you inhale and exhale listening to your breath. There are some amazing apps which will help you focus more. Calm is the one I use.
HOW TO TAKE RISKS
EVALUATE THE DECISION
- Think on the positive and negative outcomes it may have: Everything has a positive and negative side. It is very important to think on all the things that may happen.
- Think what are the things that you will be sacrificing and what are the things that you need to do different.
- Answer your life manual. I created a life manual where I made questions that I had never asked myself but that have helped me focus on my life objective.
- Basically it includes: What do you like doing? What makes you happy? What are your strengths? What are you areas of opportunity? How do you see yourself in 1 year? How do you see yourself in 5 years? What are the objectives you want to accomplish? What is your life purpose?
- Having these things defined, it will make your life easier!
DIVERSIFY: HAVE A PLAN A,B,C
- Once you take the decision you will start to see if it is working or not…You better be prepared! Have a plan. What if that doesn´t work? You are not going to quit…You are going to make things different!
- It is very hard to do the things perfectly at first time, some require failure after failure in order to make it great.
FOLLOW YOUR INTUITION
- Get advice from the people who are closest to you: Family, mentors, close friends.
- But always…after listening, follow your deepest intuition.You need to feel 100% certain of your decision without the influence of anyone.
HOW TO TAKE NO AS AN ANSWER
DON´T PROVE TO ANYONE BUT YOURSELF
You are capable of doing everything!! For a long time I tried to prove people that even though my ideas sound crazy, they were gonna work. I was persistent, I knew that every event, every idea, every plan was gonna be 100% effective, because in all of them I have involved people who will definitely support it. I listen to people and I made them part of the process so I knew that if I released something crazy it was definitely gonna work.
The mistake I made was wasting all my energy on proving everyone how good I was, how much value I could add, and how things could be different.
I didn´t need to prove anyone but myself.
SOMETIMES IS JUST NOT MEANT TO BE..BUT YOU NEED TO TRY AND BE CREATIVE!
- I remember for over a year I have been having conversations to a CEO of a company which I deeply admire: Makerbot. I was extremely persistent to work on that company on the Culture area. I am certain I can contribute a lot, and that I will add a lot of value with my knowledge and experience. But sometimes is just not meant to be. I tried and tried, but at that time is was just not meant to be. And you need to learn when to step back. I learned, and I will keep working on what I enjoy the most. Not because 1 company says no, means I´m not good enough, I understood it was just not meant for each other at that precise moment. Still I love the company, I admire it and I wish I were part of it. Maybe I just need to be more creative! Let´s see next year!
HOW TO LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES
Whatever you´ve done, you need to understand that it happened for a reason, and there is no way back.
PEOPLE FORGIVE, FORGET AND WILL BE THERE FOR YOU
People will forgive, people will forget, and people who love you will always be there to support you under any circumstances.
TURN TO NEXT PAGE, BUT KEEP IT IN MIND!
Stop worrying about past things, live the present! But always remember the things you learned from those bad experiences, so you don´t go through the same again.
ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE NOT PERFECT
We always think that we can manage things on our own, but sometimes we need to listen some advice, from your parents, from your partner, from any that you trust and that will be sincere. They will always stand on your side and help you whenever you need.
HOW TO LET GO
LEARN TO SAY GOOD BYE
It is very hard to let go things that you have always had there, but always think if they are adding any positive value on your life. It is always better to have 2,3,5,10 people who you want to keep close and preserve as amazing relationships (friends, family, etc), rather than have 50,100,200 who is harder for you to keep close. On every friendship you have analyze what is the most important thing about it, what have you learned from them? How they have impact positively on your life?
Keep positive people close to you!