Shonda Rhymes . Award Winning Writer, Executive Producer, and Best Selling Author
- “All I had, were my ideas”
- “I just felt my biggest fear was not getting my ideas out”
- “I used characters to say things I wanted to say”
- “People is people, let characters be regular people”
- Discover things about yourself while writing
- Be in charge of your world
- Be careful on what you see and reach.
- More listening than watching.
- Be the only person who could tell the story
- One inspiration leads to another
- Be inclusive. It makes a difference.
- Rules for life:
- Don´t work on weekends.
- No emails after 7pm
- Get up at 5am
- Sleep by 10 pm
- Creative nourishment
Anjali Sud CEO- Vimeo
Video of the talk: https://www.inbound.com/content/anjali-sud-spotlight
- Make great content often.
- Turn challenging situations into opportunities.
- Change perspective and build awareness.
- Reach audience everywhere.
- Distribute content across all platforms.
- Livestream in the moment! It is proven that it has 6X more interaction.
- Maximize engagement.
- Integrate data with google analytics. Get actionable insights.
Payal Kadakai Founder of Classpass
Video of the talk: https://www.inbound.com/content/payal-kadakai-spotlight
- “Your reputation always carries of”
- “I got really on myself on what matters”
- Get yourself into positions where you feel good about yourself.
- Don´t focus on the wrong signals of success.
- See through what customers need.
- Rethink about your mission..
- Figure out the impact.
- Have unbelievable conviction
- Be genuine
Brian Halligan & Dharmesh Shan Founders of Hubspot
Video of the talk: https://www.inbound.com/content/hubspot-cofounders-keynote
- Focus on delighting customers!
- Leverage on momentum
- Engage, delight, attract
- Be 24/7
- Be flexible
- Your product must be 10% lighter, self service must be 80%
- Make people more efficient, make customers more efficient
- The future will be automation, employees will have to chance deep on what they know.
- Future will train employees different from expertise.
Tobi-Lütke CEO of Shopify
Video of the talk: https://www.inbound.com/content/tobi-l%C3%BCtke-spotlight
- “Commerce is an expression of democracy”
- “Wake up smarter”
- “Revisit your decisions”
- Be persuasive
- Build something valuable & lasting.
- Create something simple & approachable.
- Take risks on what you believe has a greater outcome.
Troy Carter Global Head of Creator Services of Spotify
Video of the talk: https://www.inbound.com/content/troy-carter-spotlight
- Trust your own instinct.
- Learn how to get to a quiet place.
- See outside of perspective.
- Get out of your bubble.
- Look at the other verticles, learn and disrupt.
- Language grows out of a platform of abilities.
Esther Perel Therapist, Author and Speaker
- The quality of your relationships define the quality of your life.
- Community provides the sense of community.
- We are in a relationship for self fulfillment.
- Ask, Give, Refuse.
- Map yourself in relation behavior.
- Carry your spirit so you can be free.
- If you want to change others, change yourself!
- We need freedom.
- Talk to strangers.
- Leave your phone aside.
- Don´t replace texting for calling.
- “Write often & edit well” (your life)
Joanna Coles Chief Content Officer for Hearst Magazines.
- Who you are? What brings you to this life?
- Best ideas happen when you are quiet.
- Mobile devices steal your time.
- Keep a journal.
- You should be your own data analyst.
- You are the most important person for yourself.
- Track your own behavior.
- What do you think about yourself?
- Know yourself even better
- Do things that give you energy
- What did you love doing as a kid?
- What gave you energy as a kid?
- Listen to stories.
- Figure out where do you go from here.
- Find a sustainable way of living.
- Relationships of actual real value.
- Examine the people around you.
- Have a sense of community.